Friday, June 1, 2012

It's Been Too Long!

Sorry!  Starting a classroom blog in the middle of the school year has left me feeling like I don't have enough time to keep it up because it wasn't part of my normal routine!

My kids are writing blog posts all the time and the folder overfloweth.

Here's a hodge podge of what you've missed in no certain order!

Moving On
This class is moving on to 2nd and 3rd grade.  So I am going to 2nd grade and in all you know that this is a split class.  My friends in 2nd grade are moving on to 3rd grade.  I am going to miss them especially Madison, Hayley, and Rainie.  They are my BEST FRIENDS!  So I am kind of happy that I get to go to 2nd grade.

By:  Jaylee

Moving On
My name is Madison and I am moving on to 3rd grade.  I am going to be in Mrs. Gray's classroom.  I am looking forward to writing in cursive.  I love to have tricky words.  I want to have very challenging spelling words in 3rd grade.  I hope that there are challenging books to read in 3rd grade too.  All of this writing tells you that I am very excited for 3rd grade.  2nd and 3rd grades are a very different world.  2nd grade is where you just start learning hard things.  3rd grade is where you are a pro at hard things.  Well maybe not exactly a pro, but very good at it.  As you can see I am very excited for 3rd grade!
By:  Madison


School is Out
I like that school is out because kids have all the time to themselves.  When they have all the time to themselves they can like that because they can be as creative as they want and play and play.  So that is why I like when school is out.
By:  Jaylee

Listening
Listening is where we listen to a book or a song on a Leap Frog or a CD player.  But you do not listen to a real song!  There are sometimes a song in between the stories!
By:  Jaylee

Reading Strategies
Reading strategies is where we go to a different class and we stay in there for 30 minutes on the strategy that we need to work on.  Some students say in their own classes.  So now you know what it is.
By:  Jaylee

Writing Table
I like the writing table.  It is fun but that is an opinion.  What we do at the writing table is we write of course, but we can write anything we want.  For instance, we can write songs, stories, poetry, messages, or cards.
By:  Jaylee

Samsonsclass.com
Yesterday my class found out there is a thing called Samson's Class and you can read.  You can do their spelling lists or you can get your list on there and do it.  There's these little games that you can play.  It is awesome!  So, teachers, you may want to get samsonsclassroom.com on your computers!
By:  Dani

Skating
We went to Eby Pines.  We skated for two hours.  I fell most of the time but it was fun anyway.  Oh, we didn't skate for two hours because some of us went to the snack bar.  There was a just girls skate, just boys skate, just 1st, 2nd, kindergarten, and young 5's skate too.
By:  Caylie

Books
OMG!  Oh!  Sorry about the yelling.  I just found out something very exciting.  I wrote a book for the Young Author's contest.  You write a book and the judges pick 10 people out of the whole school to go meet authors.  Do you want to know what the very exciting news for me is?  I wrote a book called The Strawberry Touch.  I won the contest!  Now I am really excited!  I hope you like this story.
By:  Madison

Nooks
In our classroom, we have 2 Nooks.  We use them a lot.  We use them at Daily Five.  And we use them at Free Choice.  We all love them.  We always want to use them.I love them too too too too much!  So does Mrs. Bainbridge.
By:  Hayley

Daily Five
Daily Five is fun to me because we can read to self, read to someone, work on words, work on writing, or read a book on the Nooks when it is our turn.
By:  Caylie

Nook
The Nook is a great learning resource.  I love it because I like to read on the Nook.  I like to do math on it.  I think it is a perfect resource to learn.
By:  Jaylee

Free Choice
Free Choice is fun.  We have to wait until our table's time comes up.  We get to go and play when the timer says 18:00.  It is super duper fun.  It is time for us to play!  Can you play on the computer?  Yes you can.  We can play games, play on the Nooks, read books, write, draw, or just play!
By:  Caylie

2 comments:

Shar W said...

Boy, you all have lots of awesome things to share with people who aren't in your class! It sounds like this Mrs. Bainbridge is an excellent teacher who makes learning fun for everyone.
Good luck when you move to your next grade.

Mrs. Wade
Special Education Teacher in IL

Fancy Free in 4th said...

cute idea! Wil have to think about using this next year.
I am your newest follower! I just started a blog myself.
Fancy Free in Fourth

Post a Comment